Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > info needed for cutting key...
info needed for cutting key...

881 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2021-12-12 17:02:20

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Brad Moser
    2021-11-08 16:35:41
    just got a im508 and I have multiple vehicles I bought at auction with no keys. can anyone tell me how I get the info I would need to take to a locksmith with a blank key that they would need to cut the key?

Tags: key

•   Level 4   
    (119) points
    Jorge

2021-12-12 17:02:20 (Reply to:Brad Moser)

buy blank key, get key code, have locksmith cut the blade if its a blade key take back to car and program not easy as just buy a im508 and do it myself theres a lot more involved and autel will not do all either and if you buy cars at auction and sell for proffit good luck doing it yourself you better start including a lot of $$$$ to replace keys as some you may need new modules some need modules to be pulled out of car to read data. stick with buying and leave the key to other professionals or you going to loose your head, but if you wish to continue then buy a locksmith shop with soldering boards key blades smart remotes and go to school to learn how to add keys first then go and learn how to do a all key lost situation its 2 total different progressions. hope that helps and by the way not al locksmiths have lazer cut machines unless they are automobile locksmiths. hope my long explanations helps you out. im508 basic will do a lot of domestic cars and some inports your problem is going to be how to find the key cut there is no electronic way to get that it has to be hand and eye find (decode)
  Total1 Pages